[crossfire] Improving IRC availability with a chat bridge

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sat Feb 9 17:39:02 CST 2019

On 2/8/19 5:16 PM, Rick Tanner wrote:
> I appear to be overlooking something.. Where is the "ownership" of
> Crossfire shown or listed?

A better question is who is the ownership of Discourse?

It sure isn't anyone that can be trust for say, most of our lifetime

>From the FSF site:

Antifeature: Backpedaling Community
The godot website indirectly promotes the use of non-free/libre software
like Discord or steam but it also promotes the use of social medias who
are known for their unethical behaviour like censoring and tracking
while having solutions like GNUsocial, postactiv, jitsi, tox and more.
The software itself is still under a free license.

It would be nicer if a native C or C++ linux/bsd client was produced
with a better chat interface which was always problematic at best.

'shout Hello ALL

instead of wasting effort to connect to a proprietary software which
will sell our personal information to the highest bidder and expose
users to government tracking, there are still some nice work that can be
done on the interface for communications and map rendering.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com