[crossfire] The problem with Valkyrie

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:29:30 CDT 2020

On 5/8/20 9:38 PM, Robert Brockway wrote:
> This has bothered me for a while so I've changed Valkyrie on my server.
> I've allowed followers of Valkyrie the Turning path only.  I intend to
> block their access to rods, staves and wands but that isn't working
> right now.  I've set can_use_range 0 in the Object Valkyrie archtype but
> it isn't getting inherited when a test character converts to Valkyrie as
> I thought it would.  I am a few months behind head on SVN so will update
> and retest.

Allowing only the turning path doesn't block non-turning magic items,
correct?

Weapon restrictions aren't new and if I remember correctly, work for
other gods. If you'd like, I can take help you take a look at why
can_use_range isn't being copied correctly.

Another possibility is that can_use_range is actually copied, but just
not respected when inside a 'force' object. You could check this by
opening the player file in a text editor.

Let me know if you'd like some help taking a whack at this.

Regards,
Kevin

P.S. I appreciated the story!

--