[crossfire] The problem with Valkyrie

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:30:00 CDT 2020

On 5/10/20 3:53 AM, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Fri, 8 May 2020, Kevin Zheng wrote:
>
>> I'm currently exploring the least painful way to resurrect can_use_range
>> without leaving a large portion of the population unable to use wands
>> and rods.
>
> Fantastic thanks.  Anyone with can_use_range=1 in the character file
> would presumably be safe right?

Right, but the real trick is to make sure that existing characters don't
suddenly lose the ability to use wands and rods.

I think the right thing to do might just be to set can_use_range for all
player archs (in arch/player), just like can_use_weapon and
can_use_shield, and then make the code changes to support using
can_use_range again.

Regards,
Kevin

--