[crossfire] Finding maps and their location, moving around

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Wed Jun 2 11:29:28 CDT 2021

A few other ideas I had about finding again places.

Add a 'location' for quests, that is enabled when the player reaches a specific
step. Once this location is known, the player can simply "remember" where the
place is, and get back there easily. Of course this would probably only work
in the outside.

Add a "location" sub-type to the "knowledge" command, which would keep such
locations. Could be linked to quests, or specific points in the world ("you
feel like you can remember how to get to this place").

Maybe enable the player to define her own locations based on her position in
the world map. Basically a free GPS - my concern with items is that it's
useful for low-level players, but definitely not often easy to find...

Best regards

Nicolas