[crossfire] auto_apply_fix() issue

Preston Crow pc-crossfire06 at crowcastle.net
Sat Feb 5 11:28:30 CST 2022

I'm playing with some map ideas, and I found that if you have a random
item in a container, it works fine, but if you put that container inside
something else, the random item isn't processed. I modified
auto_apply_fix() to pull out the inventory scanning loop and put it in
it's own function so that it can recurse through inventory objects that
have inventories of their own.

It works for my use case, but I'm nervous about unintended consequences,
so I'm not pushing the change unless I get agreement here that it's
good.  I've attached the patch for review.