[crossfire] Alchemy formulae file broken

Preston Crow pc-crossfire06 at crowcastle.net
Thu Feb 10 01:09:45 CST 2022

I was doing some testing, and I found several basic alchemy formulas
never showed up in books (mercury, philosophical oil, and philosophical
salt).  After a lot of digging, I found that this accounted for a chance
of 30, and there are 30 chance-1 formulas near the end of the file that
aren't getting added to the total correctly.  This is because in
recipe.c, it adds the chance to the total_chance when it reads the
ingredients, but on those 30 formulas, the chance is listed in the file
after the ingredients.

While we could say the bug is in the formula file for putting the
entries in the wrong order, it would seem like the right fix is to
change recipe.c to not care about the order.  I think trying to set the
total_chance field as we parse the file is wrong, and we should scan the
lists at the end to set the value.