[crossfire] Default hp/sp for exits

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:32:50 CST 2022

On 2/18/22 10:54 AM, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
>> I expect there are maps where the exit target is zero in one of the two
>> coordinates.  Since doing a mix of default and specified coordinates is
>> probably a bad idea, I would have the server convert a single -1 to a
>> 0.  I would then only need to search through the maps for any exits with
>> a slaying field but not hp or sp, just in case there are any 0,0 exits
>> on purpose.
>
> That can easily be checked automatically if needed.
>
> Note that this is the current behaviour - if one coordinate is -1, then it'll
> be replaced by the default map enter x/y one (again, see enter_map()).

I believe Preston was pointing out that existing maps, that have one of
hp/sp set to zero, will not have a hp/sp field (because object_diff()
will remove them), but will change to -1 after the change.

I suspect there are few exits where one of the coordinates to go zero,
but it would be good to do a search and fix them up in case.

Regards,
Kevin