[crossfire] File format

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:18:56 CST 2022

On 1/12/22 7:42 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
> I was curious how each format would look when using actual crossfire data.
> So, I made this webpage to show it!
> https://shjohnson314.com/cf/format-compare/
> <https://shjohnson314.com/cf/format-compare/>
>
> I show the following side-by-side: Current, YAML, XML, JSON, TOML
> using an example of formulae descriptions.

Thank you, Steve, for putting this together.

I think your arguments preferring YAML or XML over JSON are compelling.

I'm not very familiar with the parser libraries that are available for
YAML or XML parsing. I would find it useful if someone could comment on
choices for C or C++ and Java YAML and XML parsers.

(Java, because Gridarta is written in Java.)

Is there an analog to XSD validation for YAML?

Regards,
Kevin