[crossfire] MOTD requirements for servers on metaserver

Nathaniel Kipps nkipps at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:59:27 CST 2022

Hi all,

I think I remember hearing once that the only rule for being on the
metaserver is that your server must be more or less compatible with
the CF protocol. However, I think it would be a good idea to codify
any such requirement, as well as consider additional ones.

In particular, I think it's reasonable to require that public servers
include valid contact info, so players have a path to report abuse,
appeal disciplinary action, or request support.

Of course, a nice prelude would be for major servers to include this
info voluntarily.

Thoughts?

--DraugTheWhopper