[crossfire] metaserver differences and code

Preston Crow pc-crossfire06 at crowcastle.net
Fri Apr 14 10:36:22 CDT 2023

https://crossfire.real-time.com/metaserver-info/index.html

The above page and the code reference three active metaservers, the
Primary, European, and US mirrors.  Looking at the servers they list,
they're surprisingly different.  I know my server, crowcastle.com, is
sending updates to all three without any errors, but only shows up on
the EU mirror.

Is something broken?

I've been looking in the server code, and I don't see anything that
would explain the issue.  I do get a ton of compiler warnings about
deprecated curl interfaces, but I'm not touching that both because I'm
not familiar with the library and because I'm afraid of breaking things
because I don't know if anyone is depending on an older version that
doesn't have the new interfaces.  If we're intentionally not updating,
then perhaps add -Wno-deprecated to the makefile for that module.