[crossfire] flatpak

Jussi Eloranta eloranta at aa6kj.hopto.org
Mon Jan 2 10:51:00 CST 2023

Hi,

OK, I managed to get the bare-to-the-bones version of flatpak/flathub
system for crossfire going:

https://github.com/flathub/net.crossfireatlas.crossfire

Do you guys have github accounts? If you do, I can include you with
read/write access. So, whenever a change is pushed there, flathub bot
will automatically rebuild the package and it will be available at
flathub (as an update).

Right now, I don't think this is fully live yet (= available at flathub
publicly), but it should be soon. I installed the temporary flathub
package on my steam deck and that works. There are some packaging
related things that should probably be worked on (versioning, better
screenshots, icons, etc.) but that will come later - I am stuck playing
crossfire again!! :-)

I discovered along the way that it is possible to distribute gtk2-based
programs but that will require some experimenting. gtk2 is no longer
part of the standard flathub runtimes.

The above is just for the java client. BTW does the java client support
sound? If it does, where should the sound files be placed at?

Happy New Year,

Jussi Eloranta