[crossfire] Game feature or ideas with random maps and preset monster populations

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Sep 24 03:18:02 CDT 2023

Hello.

Thanks for the really interesting proposal :)

I think that's a really good idea overall (and as Draug noted quite
ambitious, but worth it!), and hope it will materialize someday - I'll
help if possible ;)

I would too favor non randomness in zones, but making zones related to a
theme (eg Red foot goblins always south-east of Scorn, for instance) -
that wouldn't prevent using random maps of course, but would make it
less time-contraining to find items.

For shop wanting specific items, instead of reset-based, I'd go for a
time-based approach. So the shop would specify "I want items in the next
week/month", and the player knows when to sell, or if it's too late
already to go loot.

(reset-based stuff always seems weird to me)

My main concern would probably be loot multiplication, with massive
inventory management issues... Right now there are so many items in game
that it's a pain to sort through, if we add even more variety, then
it'll become even worse... :s

For graphics, I'd say it can be left for once everything else is
implemented, at "worse" goblins can use regular graphics at start.

Best regards

Nicolas