[Crossfire-wiki] [Crossfire DokuWiki] page changed: faq
no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org
no-reply_wiki at metalforge.org
Sun Dec 17 00:50:39 CST 2006
A page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:
Date : 2006/12/17 00:50
User : leaf
Edit Summary: Yet more clarification for weapon enchantment,updates for the armour enchantment section
@@ -268,9 +268,9 @@
=== 3.2.1 How do I create my own magical weapons? ===
This is done via a series of scrolls that you may find or buy in shops. The procedure is done in following steps:
- "Mark" the weapon you want to enchant by either shift & middle clicking on it or 'mark <weapon_name> (ie, 'mark long sword)
- - Use (as in read) the **Prepare Weapon** scroll (by middle clicking on the scroll) to lay a magic matrix on your weapon
+ - Use (as in read) the **Prepare Weapon** scroll (by middle clicking on the scroll) to lay a magic matrix on your weapon, see the details, below, on how to use diamonds as a requirement for preparing the weapon
- Then use any of the other enchantment scrolls (listed below) to add enchantments you want
Note that some of these scrolls will also require a "sacrifice" to be made when they are read. To sacrifice an object just stand over it when you read the weapon scroll.
@@ -285,15 +285,15 @@
WARNING: Something to keep in mind before you start enchanting like crazy - you will add to the item power of the weapon with each enhancement. It is entirely possible to enchant the weapon above your level and you won't be able to use it!
=== 3.2.2 How do I enchant Armour? ===
- Enchantment of armour is achieved with the enchant armour scrolls. Each time you successfully use a scroll, you will add a plus value, more armour to the piece of equipment and some fractional amount of weight.
+ Enchantment of armour is achieved with the Enchant Armour scrolls. Each time you successfully use a scroll, you will add a plus (+1) value and reduce the item some fractional amount of weight.
- You may only add up to 1 + (overall level/10) (rounded down like an integer) in pluses to any one piece of armour. How much armour value you add to the item is also dependent on your overall level. You may never enchant a piece of armour to have an armour rating greater than their overall level or 99.
+ You may only add enchantments up to the max allowed in the server's config.h (#define ARMOR_MAX_ENCHANT) file. By default, this is +5.
=== 3.2.3 How does encumbrance work? ===
- Armour, weapons, shields will encumber a wizard and cause spell failure. Light equipment causes no failure at all whereas heavy equipment causes mondo failures.
+ Armour, weapons, shields will encumber a wizard and cause spell failure. Light equipment causes no failure at all whereas heavy equipment causes mondo failures.
The reasoning is that the bulkiness of objects, not their weight exactly, is what causes failures. So the basic idea of encumbrance is that items get in the way more than they weigh down. Unfortunately, our only measure of "getting in the way" was the weight.
Encumbrance points are tallied only from applied objects. Weapons give 3x their weight in kg in encumbrance points. Shields give 1/2 their weight in kg in encumbrance points. Armour gives its weight in encumbrance points.
IP-Address : 18.104.22.168
Old Revision: http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/faq?rev=1166337490
New Revision: http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/faq
This mail was generated by DokuWiki at
More information about the crossfire-wiki