[Fwd: ALSA-Sound problem (was: [CF List] Make depend error (!))]

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Tue Aug 8 01:44:33 CDT 2000

 Anyone else out there using the client with ALSA sound?  My box is using OSS,
so I can't confirm whether the problem is with the client, or if ALSA versions
have changed or anything of that nature.  So if someone can confirm the bug and
perhaps fix it or otherwise help out Jesse here, please do so.

"Jesse F. Hughes" wrote:

      Thanks, I *was* missing makedepend (and some other X utilities).

      However, now I get the following error when making the client:

      cfsndserv.c: In function `init_audio':

      cfsndserv.c:241: `snd_pcm_playback_params_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

      cfsndserv.c:241: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

      cfsndserv.c:241: for each function it appears in.)

      cfsndserv.c:241: parse error before `params'

      cfsndserv.c:243: warning: passing arg 1 of `snd_pcm_open' from incompatible pointer type

      cfsndserv.c:254: structure has no member named `channels'

      cfsndserv.c:255: warning: implicit declaration of function `snd_pcm_playback_format'

      cfsndserv.c:260: structure has no member named `channels'

      cfsndserv.c:289: structure has no member named `channels'

      cfsndserv.c:290: structure has no member named `channels'

      cfsndserv.c:293: `params' undeclared (first use in this function)

      cfsndserv.c:296: warning: implicit declaration of function `snd_pcm_playback_params'

      cfsndserv.c:302: too few arguments to function `snd_pcm_file_descriptor'

      cfsndserv.c:303: warning: implicit declaration of function `snd_pcm_block_mode'

      make: *** [cfsndserv.o] Error 1

      As I mentioned previously, I am using the ALSA sound driver.  My

      machine uses an internal card -- using the via686a driver.  Please let

      me know if I've omitted any relevant details.

      I tried t

      --

      Jesse Hughes

      "We must tell you a little bit about AFU (alt.folklore.urban) and his

      ethically-bankrupt artifices.  Our children depend on that."

           --Goldflinger does it for the kids