[CF List] Glowing Crystals, defined please

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Mon Aug 28 20:21:49 CDT 2000

Rick Tanner wrote:

      An email came my way where the person asked about a Glowing Crystal (you

      know, the on that you can "store" Spell Points with..)

      Basically, they where wondering what exactly they did, how they are used,

      how they work, etc.

      That is when I realized there is no information on this item on the

      website.  I have to admit I don't use the crystals (I do wear a Crown of

      Might though, :) ) so I can't provide a very good summary.

      Can anyone help me out on this?

 Glowing crystals store some number of spellpoints - default is 500 I believe,
but this can be customized on a crystal by crystal basis, so some could have
fewer, some could have more.

 If you have full spellpoints and apply the crystal, half of your spellpoints
are transferred to the crystal, up to the maximum amount the crystal can store.

 If you are below full spellpoints and apply it, you draw points out of the
crystal up to your maximum, and limited to when the crystal gets to 0 stored
points.

 You apply them just like any other item.

 The speed of the animation is a rough indicator of how charged the crystal is -
the faster the animation, the more points it has.

 I suppose this could be improved on by just having different images even - an
empty crystal may just be grey and not glowing, a half charged crystal has an
intermediate brightness, while a fully charged crystal would glow very
brightly.  But that would require some new images.