[CF-Devel] Crossfire's Speeds and weapons

Pertti Karppinen (OH6KTR) pjka at cc.jyu.fi
Fri Dec 1 08:04:25 CST 2000

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:32:38PM +1100,

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

      * Change AC so that the displayer AC (in the client) is (AC - 20) x -1.

      This will then mean the overall Armour Class a player has is give as zero

      then increases as more AC is gained. Although I know it has been a

      tradition to have it going 20 then decreasing, I would like to make it so

      that all numbers are -> Bigger = Better. (On this theme we recently

      changed it so that higher values of hunger are better, it used to be that

      hunger -1 is good.. but this seemed alittle out of place).

AC has always been growing downwards, and it should remain so!

      able to wield even one heavy weapon due to extremely low str). Bows are

      two handed, and will ne ever be able to be wielded at the same time as a

      melee weapon. This idea still needs alot of work, im sure there are flaws

      in my logic which i need pointed out, but I hope you get my general drift.

Come on. In real life you cannot use both a shield an a bow, but that is
essential in a game like crossfire. Once You get the polished shield, You
never ever remove it :). Certainly not for firing slay dragon arrows at an
electric dragon, eh?
--
BSc. Pertti Karppinen <

     pjka at iki.fi

     >                   |'Bridge Players |
Systems Designer, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland    |      Do        |

     http://www.iki.fi/~pjka/

      | Office  : +358 14 260 2088 |      It        |
HAM: OH6KTR QTH: KP22UF  | Cellular: +358 40 564 0786 | on the Table'  |