[CF-Devel] RE: few things (Weapons stuff and PR)

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 4 11:49:52 CST 2000

      Yup, it took 48 arrows for Peterm to kill a raas yesterday =|

No, I hit it with 48 arrows (counted in its inventory after its death),
and THEN I killed it with lightning.

I think it was an issue of a Raas's con --> regen rate > arrow damage
rate.

I was using the most powerful bow in the game, too:  the Bow of Auriga.

      As I have said to Peterm on many occasions, I would really love to see an

      archery caste and haved made alot of changes to archery to make the caste

      "worth while" as archery was so poor at the time Peter felt there little

      point in such a caste. I am quite happy to draw up graphics for an archer,

      and having unlimited quivers would be one of the best things archery could

      have currently. On the same theme, I believe we should split missile weapons

      into, throwing and archery. Firing a bow is VERY different to throwing a

      dagger let me assure you.

Here we've got this realism problem again.  Yeah, it's more realistic.
Yeah, it's more stuff for the player (and us coders) to manage.
Maybe it's worth doing, but I don't think so.  And if they both go
into the physical experience category, I can find NO reason to split them.
Who throws stuff anyway?

PeterM