[CF-Devel] Ready_Spell and Ready_Skill menu, PR stats and skill exp values

Michael Toennies mtx93 at tzi.de
Tue Dec 5 17:31:57 CST 2000

Hi

Ok, lets go on.
Now we have the problem, that we have much more spells and skills then keys.
Also, i want waste
a ready_skill <skill> to a key where i want see a invoke <kill my enemy>
spell!

Also, we ever has not enough keys. And you really remember where you has set
your ready_spell protection of draining?

What we need and what i always i will use in the dx client is a ready_spell
and ready_skill menu.

I you hit it, it will show you all the spells you know.

it will work with fast keys. i Don't know what the best is: Making a bar
above it with
a-z. pressing a-z will show all spells starting with the first char as the
same.
if you hit 1-0 or SHIFT 1-0 (makes 20 slots) you ready it as spell.

This will work fast and smooth and save you many keys. You will fast
remember the 2 keys you
has to hit for a certain spell.

Also you have a REAL spell list. And we can add a EXPLANATION to every
spell!!

What we need is to send at game start the list of all spells. Also, every
change of the list
must be send to the client. At the moment i simply do a cast command as
start for the list,
problem is the update of the spells, for example when you get them from gods
or when your
spell path is not allowed.

The spell explanation will give the player a short briefing about was the
spell does.
It will only be send if the player move the mouse about it and request it.
Then the server is
asked about it. Also, it will be cached for game time.

This is strongly needed for newbies but also for experienced players when
the spell is changed.

The same for skills.

This is a major task for client interface and user friendly work to make CF
better.
Also, its really simple to make, on client and also on server side.

Also, the client should show the player the skill exp/level when changed
(same like the normal
exp and level). Also, the main PRs values. Fire, cold, acid, posion, elec,
magic, slow, paralyze, fear.
Perhaps we should show them your attack types too?

MichToen

MichToen