[CF-Devel] race patch, race face in cpl.ob->face and the "server don't send version bug"

Michael Toennies mtx93 at tzi.de
Sat Dec 9 17:56:58 CST 2000

Hi

I have worked out a new login interface for the dx client,
and i want see the race face to the player, when he select his
race. At the moment, the face is shown on the map, but not in the
cpl.ob->face where later the players picture is.

Can this please fixed, so i can get the race face from cpl.ob->face?

I also finished the server login. Now the dx client show all servers and
test them for ping and online.

The client do it yet in the way, that he try a connect to the server, get
the
version cmd and log out then. This is the easiest way to test for speed and
server online.

I noticed there, that the server crossfire.jyu.fi is just in this nasty
server
bug state. This is also a old server problem: The server is running, and you
get
a connect, but he never answered to the version cmd, so client and server
freeze
after connect. I thought the bug was removed?

MichToen