[CF-Devel] server bug: version cmd

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Tue Dec 12 16:13:19 CST 2000

Currently there is a bug in the serverside handling of the version
command. If you break the connection to the server fast enough
after sending/receiving the version cmd, the server will lock in the
login-loop, new connections won't be accepted anymore.
The logfile is then flooded with:
"doeric_server: error on accept: Invalid argument
doeric_server: error on accept"

It is very serious, getting more CF players this bug will occure
more often. Maybe this is why some admins kill crossfire every 3
hour with cron.

-- cut --

Mark, you have added an option to the metaserver to connect to
port tcp 13326 and then let a client retrieve information. I have
tested this with telnet and netcat but it doesn't seem to work, have
you updated the running metaserver?

Joris Bontje / MiDS

---
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California;
do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited
commercial e-mail to my suespammers.org address