[CF-Devel] server bug: version cmd

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Dec 13 01:10:02 CST 2000

Joris Bontje wrote:

      Currently there is a bug in the serverside handling of the version

      command. If you break the connection to the server fast enough

      after sending/receiving the version cmd, the server will lock in the

      login-loop, new connections won't be accepted anymore.

      The logfile is then flooded with:

      "doeric_server: error on accept: Invalid argument

      doeric_server: error on accept"

 I've checked in some code that I think may fix this.  I can't reproduce the
system on my system, but just on code inspection I noticed that we were not
initializing the status of the socket, so if the accept failed, the status could
be in some state such that the program would think its an active socket.  The
code change to socket/loop.c is very minor - if someone who knows how to
reproduce the system can verify if this is fixed, I would appreciate it.

      Mark, you have added an option to the metaserver to connect to

      port tcp 13326 and then let a client retrieve information. I have

      tested this with telnet and netcat but it doesn't seem to work, have

      you updated the running metaserver?

 Hopefully its OK now.  I know the code works - its a matter of allowing
ipfilter to allow connections to that port/protocol (before I had only allowed
udp connections to that port).