[CF-Devel] Re: Info for Gods.

David Hurst dhurst at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 20:24:03 CST 2000

Thanks Pete, I would be happy to.

Again this fits right in with the context stuff and I suppose we may be able
to tie in that "story" about the gods to? It was a discussion LONG ago about
creating a story to tie the gods together.. well just a thought. Also
instead of all books, we could give the story to one of the priesty type
people who are usually just inside the temple. If we make a trigger that you
have to walk over that makes the priest ask the player to come and talk
about the god etc etc. We could instead make the player have to find out
about the god, more than just read it. Things like:

priest: "devourers are dark beings it's true, but there is power behind
their malice"
player: "power?"
priest: "yes, it is said the mere touch of the devourers will drain a person
of their life and even give it to the wielder. Of course this comes with a
setback, no devourer will allow it's followers anything to do with the gods
of the living"
player: "living?"
priest: "Yes, gods like Gaea love to muck around with the living and bring
peace and happiness. Devourers can't stand this and will stop at nothing to
bring destruction. They go so far as to prevent followers from using
restorative magics and instead bless them with stronger skills in wounding
and death"

Or something to this affect.. i'm sure you get where I am headed. Well I
think this would be a better way to deliever the information. The point is I
am happy to do it.

dnh