[CF-Devel] Re: Info for Gods.

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Dec 18 21:40:01 CST 2000

dnh wrote:

      Thanks Pete, I would be happy to.

      Again this fits right in with the context stuff and I suppose we may

      be able to tie in that "story" about the gods to? It was a discussion

      LONG ago about creating a story to tie the gods together.. well just

      a thought.

I would certainly love to have an overall "creaton story" and a basic set
of legends for CF. That might involve into several quests and it creates
a nice, mystique atmosphere.

      Also instead of all books, we could give the story to one of the priesty

      type people who are usually just inside the temple. If we make a trigger

      that you have to walk over that makes the priest ask the player to come

      and talk about the god etc etc. We could instead make the player have to

      find out about the god, more than just read it. [...]

Yeah, stuff the priest with interactive info about the god. That's much
nicer
than just a book. For the complete newbies (maybe not able to communicate
with npcs properly) I would put a magic mouth at the temple-entrance. Sth
like: "This is the temple of Sorig, the diety of storm and lightning,
god of the skies."

Andreas V.