[CF-Devel] Race info/crossedit/compiling

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Mon Dec 18 21:55:34 CST 2000

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, David Hurst wrote:

[SNIP]

      I just remembner something REALLY important. Rick Tanner if you read this

      could you please put a notice on the download page of crossfire. ALL linux

      users must have GTK-dev installed as well as xpmlib!!!. Several people also

      have told me they could not install crossfire and I would bet the bottom

      dollar it is because they didn't have one, or either of these. For debian

      users it is just a simple matter of running apt-get install gtk-dev etc. but

      I don't know how you would do it for redhat etc. I think this is a very

      important issue as it got me =) and it has got me in the past =). A simple

      notice about the requirements would really help with alot of the compiling

      etc. (especially running the configure script!). Thanks.

I am adding info to the site now and it should be viewable sometime
tomorrow afternoon when I re-publish the site using DreamWeaver.