[CF-Devel] Webboard.

David Hurst dhurst at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 23:42:03 CST 2000

I have recently been in discussion with Mark about having both a News
section on the main page of crossfire.real-time.com and a webboard for
players to keep in touch with development issues without having to sign onto
the mailing list.

For the News webpage, Rick, I would be really interested to know if you
could manage to update the webpage sort of once a morning with one of two
news worthy items. This is to add more of a dynamic feel to the pages and
make players/readers want to visit more regularly. I have my ear firmly held
on the irc channel and you could perhaps monitor this list. Each day I would
send you some item of interest which you could add to the news? Just a
thought but I am really interested in broading our presence and a good way
to do this is to get more readers to your webpage. Thoughts?

For the webboard, I will contact MiDS (Joris) and see if it is possible to
start a general webboard. Hopefully a really simple interface where posters
don't even need to register names (unless it gets massive ;). I am prepared
to maintain and reply when I am around (which is alot but only after 1800 my
time). Perhaps Rick could add better links to this board so that it can be
readily accessed? A webboard is alot of work, and must be maintained
regularly.. but if we could get it working we could get alot more feedback
and be able to pass on important new changes faster. Thoughts?

This is all I have come up with so far, but I hope you can see my idea. If
you have a better idea of how to do it, please put it forward, plus if you
are interested in helping (even if it is once a week etc) I would like to
hear. As we gear up to some big changes and huge releases (;)) I think our
public relations must also be geared up. This is a good start IMHO.

dnh