[CF-Devel] Drain

David Hurst dhurst at it.swin.edu.au
Tue Dec 19 23:17:32 CST 2000

I agree about your acid stuff...
Acid is something which is still feared even by high players, plus now,
Gorokh followers will have a fairly nasty "vitriol" acid spell.

Indeed,

I would actually make the same argument for drain attacktype.  Right away,
ring
of life and strange ring should perhaps have resist_drain 90 (if they don't
already).  But at one time, grim reapers were something really feared (and
once
again, find that wand of fire or the like).  Now days, at some certain
point,
drain monsters become 'ho hum' because your immune.

It wasn't to long ago that I got my first taste of drain! I tell you I went
straight out and bought a strange ring. =). Those things take of )(*& loads
of points and very quickly. I think that is half the reason we have them so
defended against. You can literally go from good to bad in a few seconds
with one of those. I am actually intending on adding life stealing and grace
stealing to the drain attack_type (specifically for devourers). I think we
really need to review drain and depletion, especially now that it is in the
shadow of PR! Grim reapers are everywhere and without a ring you are lost, I
think it is alittle over the top, like a dragon was before PR, if we could
make the PR reduce the % points drained it might be alittle better? But I
seriously lost 3 levels when I got attacked by one and I was too busy
attacking demons!

food for thought.

dnh