[CF-Devel] RE: [CF List] Re: make depend

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed Dec 27 15:48:03 CST 2000

      I just wanted to add that I get the exact same errors on make depend,

      since the day I upgraded to SuSE Linux 7.0.

      Like Mark mentioned, my first reaction was skipping the make depend.

      And that did not cause any trouble for compiling.

      Still, these millions of "recursion too deep"-messages are very

      irritating, nasty and ugly.

      If anyone knows an easy way to fix make depend and kill that bug,

      please do it  :-)

 A cause of a lot of them is the block of:

#define stdin stdin
#define stdout stdout
#define stderr stderr

 in stdio.h

 I just put an #if 0 /#endif block around those, and that helps out a lot.
Apparantly, glibc does that for c89/c99 standards (or so the comment claims),
but make depend really doesn't like it.

 I haven't seen any ill effects of doing that.