[CF-Devel] RE: [CF List] Re: make depend

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Dec 27 14:04:52 CST 2000

Mark W. wrote:

      Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:

      > I seem to have problem installing from source

      > crossfire.

      > make depend is failing because of to much recurssion?

      > Weird.

      > /usr/include/unistd.h:305: macro or `#include' recursion too deep

      > /usr/include/unistd.h:311: macro or `#include' recursion too deep

      > [...]

      You can ignore the make depend errors.

      I believe the problem is really in with the new versions of glibc

      (and/or makedepend not dealing correctly with it), and nothing to do

      with crossfire.

      It seems that even with those errors, make depend still works OK, and

      make depend isn't necessary anyways for comilation.

I just wanted to add that I get the exact same errors on make depend,
since the day I upgraded to SuSE Linux 7.0.
Like Mark mentioned, my first reaction was skipping the make depend.
And that did not cause any trouble for compiling.

Still, these millions of "recursion too deep"-messages are very
irritating, nasty and ugly.
If anyone knows an easy way to fix make depend and kill that bug,
please do it  :-)

Andreas V.