[CF-Devel] Sorig

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Thu Dec 28 19:07:06 CST 2000

Hi

I never think about it, but i build now a new char and play a bit.
I changed to god Sorig and then i see that sorig is now pretty useless.

Because the PR system, protection spells are now VERY important.
I think no one want play without them. Well, a sorig follower can't cast a
single protection spell.

I really love sorig. He was a nice strong god, without big advantages
and without big drawbacks. Because prot. spells are not so useful before PR,
no one notice that they are denied.

Remember his drawbacks he still has
- no enemy race
- he don't uncurse! (major drawback for uncurse stat potions until you max
out)
- he don't restore depletion. (i think so? or it is very hard?)

Also, some spells are denied or harder.

So, Sorig is really not to powerful. His good powers are:
- good avatar
- good special spells in high levels (i think we can forget this as good
power until you lost them
  when you change gods. Its not the big deal to change gods twice to collect
spells).
- elec prot/immun as power

As you see, he is balanced in my opinion. Also, he is a perfect alternative
to mostrai for
more experienced players.

But with protection spell denied you can now forget him, he is really not
longer a alternative.

So i prefer:
- make prot. spells not denied, make them perhaps harder to cast (more
grace)

This will bring him to old game balance.

MichToen