[CF List] Crossfire under NetBSD, and a problem.

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Thu Dec 14 13:57:38 CST 2000

I have recently ported the newest versions of the client and server to NetBSD.
(also, FYI, I have been porting all versions of crossfire to NetBSD for the
last 4-5 years, so NetBSD really should be listed on the "runs on the OS's")

A link to the packages can be found at:

     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/games/crossfire-cli/README.html

     ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/games/crossfire-srv/README.html

Now for the problem:

When I load the client (either the GTK or the Xlib one, it doesn't matter) key
bindings do not work.  It loads the keybindings from my "keys" file, and under
the GTK client, shows them in the keybindings dialog, but they are not
functional, unless I click on each binding, and issue "bind" or manually retype
all the bindings in.

In addition, if I do sit down and retype all the bindings, they do not save,
and next time I load the client, they are all gone.

Typing "unbind" with no arguments, shows me the same list, of keys that are
supposedly bound, but do not work.  This happens on both my native NetBSD
crossfire server, and when I connect to other public crossfire servers.

Any explanations or help would be appreciated.  (I have made no changes to the
source itself, only patches to the Makefile and configure script)

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS