[CF List] Character gains invisible weight. Diet possibe? (CF 0.95.6)

Jeffrey Hantin jhantin at derringer.net
Thu Jul 6 19:45:18 CDT 2000

      My character has apparently been consuming too many "invisible"

     calories

      and has gained 70 pounds.  He _definitely_ needs to go on some kind of

      diet...  but of what?

      More specifically, following a 'dropall (in my apartment), my

      character's 'Inventory:'  window shows him as carrying 70.0 pounds,

     but

      the only item _in_ the inventory is a single (locked) "a Gate Pass"

      whose weight is listed as 0.0.

That is actually your character's body weight.  70 kg (154 lb) is
about right for human characters, assuming they don't have beer
bellies. :-)  By contrast, a fireborn weighs a mere 15 kg.  However,
to clear up confusion, perhaps the client needs to be sent just the
carried weight rather than the total weight?

      Any ideas?

On a side note, maybe a unit conversion facility would help keep folks
from being confused-- and help keep item weights reasonable by not
confusing archetype writers (a lot of stuff is ridiculously heavy).
Crossfire uses the metric system, which seems to confuse folks in the
States who aren't expecting it. :-)