[CF List] png images

Norbert Irmer norbert.irmer at heim9.tu-clausthal.de
Thu Jul 6 19:35:33 CDT 2000

Jeffrey Hantin wrote:

      My usual technique is to draw an icon image in 4-bit RGBI or 3:3:2

      true-color to begin with, using dithering and pointillism to generate

      the subtle shading in that mode, then copy it up to a higher mode and

      replace the dotty stuff with true shading.  That's still sort of

      double work though.

Ok, you (oratory-level=20:) convinced me.

If it is easier to create good looking high color graphics from
low ones then vice versa, it is really the best to do first
the low color graphics.

Norbert