[CF List] How many blue mushrooms? (CF 0.95.6 Baron quest)

Frank McKenney frank_mckenney at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 13 22:58:48 CDT 2000

If I sound a little vague here, it's mostly because I'm trying to avoid
spoiling this quest for any new players.

I undertook the Baronial quest, the Search for The Blue Mushroom.  I
followed the clues and fought my way past _swarms_ of assorted monsters
(I was not nibbled to death by ducks, but I may have just missed that
part of the quest (;-)).  I found a Blue Mushroom, and I brought it back
to Scorn.

Unfortunately, when I drop _my_ Blue Mushroom on the required pentagram,
nothing happens.  This kind of takes the fun out of questing, since (I
assume) I can't advance in rank until I become a Baron.

I can think of two possibilities (I'm sure others exist):

 1) It's a bug, and I'm out of luck.

 1a) It's a bug, and was fixed in the CVS drop as of xxJul00.

 2) I've been successfully "faked out" by an Evil Counterfeit Blue
    Mushroom, and I need to go back and look harder for the One Holy
    True-Blue Mushroom ("They got _rooms_ for that stuff?" (;-))

I _thought_ I had read a discussion on this in the mailing list, but the
official list archive search engine turns up very little for 'mushroom'
or 'baron'.  Looks like I was mistaken.

Server is an "updated" 0.95.6, CVS drop as of 04Jul00.

Thanks...

Frank

Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates
Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887