[CF List] How many blue mushrooms? (CF 0.95.6 Baron quest)

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Fri Jul 14 07:10:07 CDT 2000

Frank McKenney wrote:

      If I sound a little vague here, it's mostly because I'm trying to avoid

      spoiling this quest for any new players.

      I undertook the Baronial quest, the Search for The Blue Mushroom.  I

      followed the clues and fought my way past _swarms_ of assorted monsters

      (I was not nibbled to death by ducks, but I may have just missed that

      part of the quest (;-)).  I found a Blue Mushroom, and I brought it back

      to Scorn.

      Unfortunately, when I drop _my_ Blue Mushroom on the required pentagram,

      nothing happens.  This kind of takes the fun out of questing, since (I

      assume) I can't advance in rank until I become a Baron.

      I can think of two possibilities (I'm sure others exist):

       1) It's a bug, and I'm out of luck.

       1a) It's a bug, and was fixed in the CVS drop as of xxJul00.

       2) I've been successfully "faked out" by an Evil Counterfeit Blue

          Mushroom, and I need to go back and look harder for the One Holy

          True-Blue Mushroom ("They got _rooms_ for that stuff?" (;-))

      I _thought_ I had read a discussion on this in the mailing list, but the

      official list archive search engine turns up very little for 'mushroom'

      or 'baron'.  Looks like I was mistaken.

It was me who wrote about this bug a while ago (28.6.) and the answer is 1.
it is a bug as Peter admitted after doing some testing :) I hope it will be
fixed soon though.

--
 ___
<@,@>  Kimmo Hoikka - www.hoikka.com