[CF List] More on resurrection

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 27 14:55:13 CDT 2000

It looks like the code in resurrection.c is so aged that
it is completely unaware of skills.

If someone cares, how about going through and fixing
resurrection?

Erik, if you want to modify how stuff works in server/resurrection.c, I'm
willing to accept patches from you.  The code is badly out of date
and has suffered bit-rot.

In particular, it won't suck experience from anything but the "global"
experience counter, I believe.

PeterM

      Jan is correct, at least in the CVS server code include/spellist.h.

      I just examined the code.

      Spell		Level	cost		description

      raise dead	10	50		requires a corpse, exp*=.95 con-=2

      resurrection	25	250		requires a corpse, exp*=.9  con-=1

      reincarnation	20	150		no corpse, exp*=.8

      These effects are clearly fubar, and not want I wanted when

      I wrote these spells.

      Reincarnation was supposed to be the most powerful/hardest.

      I'm changing it like this:

      raise dead	10	150		requires a corpse, exp*=.8 con-=2

      resurrection	20	250		requires a corpse, exp*=.9  con-=1

      reincarnation	25	350		no corpse, exp*=.95

      Reincarnation is clearly the best spell, because no corpse is required.

      PeterM

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com