[CF List] Re: [CF:1388] Mailing list migration

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Tue Jun 27 22:16:27 CDT 2000

 A few notes:

 Since the current ifi mailing lists are basically unmaintained, they will in
theory work until someone over there notices it and disables them.  However,
these should not be used, and if you have a web site or any other documentation
that refers to them, please update it.

 As far the rte-crossfire, I would suggest it should work as is for some limited
amount of times as things get switched over (maybe until end of July), then get
switched to bounce a message back the sender with the new lists and a brief
description and say to use that instead.  I'm just a little fearful that if
rte-crossfire continues to exist/operate forever, people won't ever see the need
to use the subdivided lists.  perhaps if possible, around mid july, have it
start bouncing back a message describing the different lists, but still forward
to the rte-crossfire, then end of july have that forwarding stop.

Bob Tanner wrote:

      I will be migrating rte-crossfire to a new mail server today 27-Jun-2000 at

      02:00 CST.

      All your email addresses will go across with the migration.

      You will all receive a personal confirmation notice that your account has

      moved. If you do not receive this notification, PLEASE contact me directly at

      tanner at real-time.com.

      The current address of

      rte-crossfire at listserv.real-time.com

       will continue to