[CF-Devel] The CVS server must move.... Eventually. How about sourceforge?

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 1 14:16:14 CST 2000

Hello,

  Sometime within the next 6-8 months, the crossfire development
server, boltzmann.eecs.berkeley.edu, will pass out of my... legitimate...
control.

  I've looked at sourceforge.net, and it seems they provide a nearly
identical service to what I have been providing.

1)  SSH access to a cvs repository
2)  web/ftp access to snapshots if desired
3)  generous limits to space usage

They also provide these services which I do NOT provide:

4)  Web-based new account creation and project admin
5)  shell access for misc. tasks
6)  anonymous pserver access
7)  full-time admins to maintain the machine
8)  Other misc. stuff which I don't know about yet

Their service is free, and we may use it, provided:
a)  Our code bears an open license
b)  we are not hozers

I have created a crossfire RPG project on there already,
and I think we should move crossfire development on there
now rather than later, when we are forced to move.

Would some other developers than me please head over to
sourceforge.net and register, and let me know your
username?  I will add you to the crossfire project
and together we can further assess whether moving there
would be good or not.

Regards,

PeterM