[CF-Devel] race/class woes.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Mon Nov 6 23:37:05 CST 2000

 I decided to try and start a new character last night.  A poor little fireborn
who decided to become a devotee.

 A few issues:

 1) He has the skills of wizardry and praying twice (as you run the 'skills
command).  Probably not harmful, but doesn't make a lot of sense.

 2) He does get some non useful equipment, like a robe and dagger.

 3) There seems to be a propensity to get a crap ring or amulet (crap meaning in
at least a few occasions I have tried this out, the ring or amulet has more
minuses than plusses, and in some cases, it only had minus).

 4) There also seems to be a very high likelihood of getting duplicate spells.
IT seems that you will basically always get two holy word spellbooks - one time
I actually got three.  Since you can't sell them and you are guarenteed of
learning the spell, any more than one has no use.

 These are just minor issues.  I have a feeling the issue with the prayerbooks
is that there are very few first level prayers, so you quickly get into
duplicates.  Another first level mage spell as a substition may be nice.