[CF-Devel] New god_intervention()

Jan Echternach echter at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Nov 9 16:37:11 CST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 09:37:41PM +0100, Jan Echternach wrote:

      The problems with start equipment (cursed items, many spellbooks with

      same spell) should be fixed.

This new version of the patch contains some more fixes and
improvements.

      "summon avatar" is probably broken, because it used the god itself as

      There's still a lot of compatibility code left.  I'd like to remove

All compatibility code is gone and god_intervention() was completely
rewritten.  Avatars should be working fine.

I've added some new options to god_intervention().  See
arch/gods/randomitems/ for archetypes that can be put into gods'
treaure lists to activate them.

Each god in this patch has a treaure list, but it contains only the old
features.  There shouldn't be any significant player visible changes in
this patch.

I think there are only two things left until the patch can go into the
CVS:  Writing the change log and testing the patch.

The PATH_NULL kludge in include/spellist.h isn't needed anymore.
I'd like to change the spell paths back to some meaningful values.
I suggest

  immunity to xxx    PATH_PROT
  invulnerability    PATH_PROT
  cause black death  PATH_WOUNDING
  divine shock       PATH_ELEC

(Divine shock doesn't have PATH_NULL at the moment, but PATH_WOUNDING.
However, there are already so many wounding spells, and divine shock
really looks like an electricity spell.)

--
Jan