[CF-Devel] metaserver update.

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Nov 14 01:40:53 CST 2000

 I've just checked in the code for the metaserver notifications.  The code
should be fairly safe - it actually isn't much code - I'll enclose the changelog
below.

 I have also included a sample settings file - in that, the metaserver is
currently a test server I have set up (tavern.santa-clara.ca.us).  I would
appreciate it for those of you running latest CVS versions to activate and use
the metaserver stuff (presuming you want to be part of it) so I can
test/improve/debug the script (I'm writing the metaserver side in perl - its
portable, easier to do, and probably less vulnerable to buffer overrun
problems).

 At some point, a more permanent host will probably need to be found.  What I
plan for the metaserver script to do is:

 1) Generate an html file (directory can be specified), which can be accessed
via the web.
 2) Ability to get the data via request from client or other sources.

metaserver update:
common/init.c: Add meta_ fields to settings structure initialization.
include/global.h: Add meta_ fields to settings structure.
include/sockproto.h: Updated for new meta_ functions.
lib/Makefile.in: Have it install settings file.
lib/settings: Default settings file with some metaserver default value.s
server/init.c: Add load_settings file.  Add call to metaserver_init.
server/main.c: Add call to metaserver_update in do_specials.
socket/Makefile.in: Add metaserver.c to list of files.
socket/metaserver.c:  File that deals with metaserver related data.
socket/item.c: Remove some unused variables.  Unrelated to metaserver changes.
socket/loop.c: Add calls to metaserver_update in block_until_new)connection.
Change
        function so that if there are no active players, it still timeouts and
        does metaserver update.  Basically changed to do it the way the
        WATCHDOG code did it.
End of metaserver update.  MSW 2000-11-13