[CF-Devel] Armour type resistance

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Tue Nov 14 06:01:31 CST 2000

I agree with Mark, the armour code is very good I think right now as it
tapers of well, perhaps we could even make it tapering off lower?

Well, anyway, I think resistance that works like armour would be perfect
for our needs, although I do wonder about such items as the wizards hat,
it has many many protections. That item plus the ring of the elementals
could be one heck of a combination =)

And what about Acid? I think we should leave that as protection and
immunity although I don't like how immunity doesn't protect your items. I
can see the logic, but I still don't like it =)

Perhaps PR should only work for the major attack_types?
Magic/Fire/Ice/Elec/God_Power? and of course physical which is just
armour. Although if physical is armour, what then is the purpose of
protected phys? Wouldn't it be better to convert protected armours into
arm +50% or something? (obviously not 50%). Hmmmmm

I am very happy that Mark has replied to my request to tell me if you are
ven remotely interested in this, thanks Mark. Thanks also to Andreas and
pete (Although that was via irc), are there no other people interested?

Also it worries me that very few people have commented on my proposed
changes. I made them spur of the moment and was expecting some flames
regarding some gods. (I still need some word of what to do with mostrai).
If I don't get many more responses I will be inclined to begin putting the
changes in. Pete has already finished the Immolation spell for ruggilli
and the Creeping frost for devourers. These changes are quite big and I
don't want to do something and get told after I have done it all that it
is no good. Speak now or forever hold your peace ;)

One other thing, I am getting responses very late recently, infact around
2-3 hours later than everyone else. I have taken to checking the online
mail and replying to that (As I type this message still Marks message on
PR hasn't got to me).

dnh (with the slightly raised blood pressure ;)

ps i am not going to start work on PR for awhile, that is a long term
project that can't really be begun until someone does the coding. The gods
changes on the other hand is one of my projects, and I would like to start
ASAP.