[CF-Devel] Armour type resistance

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 14 14:04:40 CST 2000

      I agree with Mark, the armour code is very good I think right now as it

      tapers of well, perhaps we could even make it tapering off lower?

I like that behavior as well.

      And what about Acid? I think we should leave that as protection and

      immunity although I don't like how immunity doesn't protect your items. I

      can see the logic, but I still don't like it =)

Hmm, yes, I guess we cannot use the old protected + immune == protects items
hack anymore.  How about >100% protection Acid protects items?

      Perhaps PR should only work for the major attack_types?

      Magic/Fire/Ice/Elec/God_Power? and of course physical which is just

      armour. Although if physical is armour, what then is the purpose of

      protected phys? Wouldn't it be better to convert protected armours into

      arm +50% or something? (obviously not 50%). Hmmmmm

I think ALL current protections should be set to 33, for items,
and 50, for protections on living things.  I think this default will
produce a balanced game at the outset of the new protection scheme.

Immunities should add 100% protection as before, at least to start.

We can then go through and modify some monsters, maps, artifacts,
and treasures as needed.

      changes in. Pete has already finished the Immolation spell for ruggilli

      and the Creeping frost for devourers. These changes are quite big and I

These are not spells.  They're more like abilities.  If Immolation +
Immolation_immunity is placed in a player, he may set fire to someone
he hits, and it is a god-driven fire.  The player does NOTHING to
explicitly turn it on.

      don't want to do something and get told after I have done it all that it

      is no good. Speak now or forever hold your peace ;)

Give it a week or so as a review period, dnh.  Some of the less active
contributors may need a bit of time.  However, I will ask:   the
gods mod is a major shift in direction, everyone interested please weigh
in!

PeterM