[CF-Devel] compile error with current CVS-server!

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Nov 14 18:59:39 CST 2000

I downloaded the server from CVS today and got
the following error on comiling (make):

metaserver.c: In function `metaserver_update':
metaserver.c:109: `MSG_DONTWAIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
metaserver.c:109: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
metaserver.c:109: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [metaserver.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/av/crossfire/crossfire/socket'
make[1]: *** [../socket/socket.a] Error 2

As most people will see, this error is cause by an undefined
constant 'MSG_DONTWAIT' in the new metaserver code (metaserver.c).
*glances at Mark*

I´m using SuSE Linux. Peter M., using FreeBSD, has compiled as
well and did not get the error. Is 'MSG_DONTWAIT' supposed to
be defined in one of the system headers?

Anyways, please remove that bug as fast as possible, it´s a serious
problem!

Andreas V.