[CF-Devel] Windstorm prayer implemented in CVS, and slight mod to saving throws

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 17 13:06:43 CST 2000

for items.

The Windstorm prayer does no damage when it is first granted.  After
25 levels, it starts to do 1 damage.  This can be changed easily enough.

Windstorm pushes monsters and other movable items away from the caster.
It tends to form neat piles up against walls.

Motion is based on randomness and weight.  The higher the level, the
more weight.

Many objects, however, would be destroyed by a windstorm which dealt damage,
even 1pt.  This bothered me.  A windstorm shouldn't break most metal
objects such as swords.  I can see swords breaking to STRONG physical
attacks (dam 10 or something), but 1 point of wind damage should not
harm a sword.

So I modified saving throws a bit.  A certain dam threshhold must be
crossed to fail a saving throw.  This threshold is based on the
original saving throw.  The better the original saving throw, the
higher the damage threshhold.

PeterM