[CF-Devel] changing WoR (Word of Recall)

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 21:05:07 CST 2000

Now that the savebed-respawn-after-death works fine,
and new Permanent Apartments have been added, the
question arises: What shall we do with WoR (Word of Recall)?

The aim of the savebed feature was to free players from
the bounds of scorn, allowing them to choose their home
town at own will. But now if someone decides to rise his
character in Caterham (dtabb), a WoR pointing to scorn is
nothing but a pain in the rare.

I propose to make WoR pointing to the same spot that you
would visit after death - the last-applied savebed.

Advantage: Veeeery easy to do, as well as simple to
           understand and to play. Players are 100%
           independant from scorn.

Disadv.:   In future we must be very careful where to put
           savebeds. IF a player manages to get stuck on
           a savebed-map he is in real BIG trouble.

Tell me what you all think =)

Andreas V.