[CF-Devel] Strange behavior? dead objects benig hit?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Nov 21 23:17:32 CST 2000

Jan Echternach wrote:

      > I'm getting lots of these sorts of messages.

      > Curreent CVS snapshot.

      > Perhaps we should hold off on a release for a little while?

      I think we should hold off the release until the "freed object" bug is

      fixed.  This kind of bug can have very nasty effects (segmentation

      fault, creating objects that are in their own inventory (op->inv loop),

      random other object corruption), but is easy to fix when a stack trace

      is known (usually only a missing was_destroyed() check in the caller).

 The main reason I was looking at doing a release so that there would be a good
baseline/solid release before doing the partial resistance code.

 I would rather not have to rebase the partial resistance changes after the that
above is figured out.  So if you think there may be a quick fix, let me know.
Otherwise, I'll just the the partial resistance code sometime soon, and hold off
for another official release for quite a while.