[CF-Devel] confirmed: some strangeness going on

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Nov 21 11:38:02 CST 2000

Yes, there´s something odd about the current CVS version.

I didn´t see PeterM´s log messages yet, but here´s what I
discovered so far:

- The spell "poison cloud" is completely broke for some
  reason. You see the bullet fly but instead of a cloud
  it emmits only a log-message:
  "BUG: process_events(): Object without map or inventory is
   on active list: poison cloud (<number>)"
  (This did not happen in the CVS of two days ago!)

- Two archetypes seem to be missing: poison_fog.arc and
  flaming_aura_mark.arc.

- The spell "invisible" is also broken. But this bug is not
  new and quite harmless too.

Unfortunately, the log messages that PeterM discovered sounds
even worse than that:

      BUG: get_attack_mode(): freed object

      victim (arch cwall_2_1_2, name wall) already dead in hit_player()

Uh huh! Peter could you tell me how to verify the bug, causing
*this* log message?

I think we should definitly clean that mess up before doing
the next official release.

Andreas V.