[CF-Devel] archetype bug - current cvs unplayable

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Nov 23 12:38:39 CST 2000

Today I noticed the bug of missing archetypes on my
local CF-server on linux! (Using todays CVS 23.11.00,
about 16:00 GMT).
It also appears on both CF-online-servers that use
up-to-date CVS: MiDS' and PeterM's servers
(Both using FreeBSD I think).

The bug usually takes a while to appear, but then it
doesn´t go away until server restart.
It always appears on usage of spells, usually common
ones like snowstorm or fireball. Considered the fact
that the bug first appeared in the last few days,
it might be related to the latest spell updates, but
that´s only a blind guess.

Usually the first archetype to dissapear is door_look_1,
after a while it can even make wall-arches vanish (!!!).
Crashes don´t seem to happen at least.
The current CVS is completely unplayable. Please, especially
all authors of recent code-changes, take a second look and
try to find out what´s going on.

If this bug (assuming it´s only one) cannot be fixed real
quick, I suppose that we take out the latest features
of CVS - until we reach a sane version again.
And then we re-insert them step by step after GOOD testing.

Andreas V.