[CF-Devel] archetype bug - current cvs unplayable

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Nov 23 19:25:10 CST 2000

      On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 01:03:55PM -0800, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > Whatever the problem is, it is pretty  subtle if it is in

      > the spell code.

      I think I've found the bug:  FLAG_BERSERK was added and NUM_FLAGS

      increased, but not all places that use NUM_FLAGS were updated!  One

      place is get_ob_diff(), I don't know if there are others.  Please use

      'grep' and examine _all_ places - that's the best method to prevent

      such bugs (and to fix lots of other bugs as a side effect).

I looked into setting up this flag properly using the grep method,
but there were still some weird issues.

I've commented out all the FLAG_BERSERK stuff in the CVS repository.

What I tried was:
 Adding V_BERSERK and FLAG_BERSERK to loader.l and to loader.h.
and to the variables arrays in loader.l.

We don't need FLAG_BERSERK until the gods-balancing happens, so
I'm going to leave it commented out ofr now.

PeterM

      > 2)  Lack of "poison fog" archetype.  This SHOULD only have effect if

      > someone casts "poison fog":  however, "poison fog" is disabled.

      > Maybe the failed search for this archetype sets up the heisenbug?

      > Reviewing THIS code, I doubt it as well.

      Looks harmless, even though it causes an annoying error message that

      activates the debugger everytime the server is started.

      --

      Jan

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com