[CF-Devel] RE: Okay here goes... my thoughts

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun Oct 8 15:19:58 CDT 2000

      Message: 2

      andi.vogl at gmx.net

      From: "Andreas Vogl" <

      andi.vogl at gmx.net

      To: "Crossfire Devel List \(E-mail\)" <

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

      Subject: RE: [CF-Devel] Okay here goes... my thoughts

      Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:43:23 +0200

      > yup okay.. would love to see you ideas for race/caste... I played to death

      > a game called Realmz for mac (www.fantasoft.com), check it out if you can.

      > That is prob your best bet for races?

      That´s a nice one. But Peter´s proposals about race/class are already

      pretty good I believe...

     yeah I know, I read the email. Well I am more pointing out an existing
version that works... I am not saying change to this, just take this in
mind =)

      > are wraiths affected by holyword? if they are now undead I spose they

      > are? perhaps abit more warning on the effects of killing players with holy

      > word should be put up? I accidently killed a player called Fizban with it

      > once (sorry Fizzy) and I found you lose ALL your exp.

      Haha, yes I remember... Too bad I didn´t see it. I´ve heard about that

      afterwards. I found it so funny that Fizban, the most high level character

      on voldsbooks these days (highscore #1) got killed "by accident". =)))

      Of course I felt sorry for him too, but he didn´t take it seriously.

     mmmhmmmm well, it was the last time I ever saw him on voldsboks... and
Rower is now no. 1 =)

      > > > I admit I know where the WDSM is and i did have help in finding it and

      > > > think it would be easy to balance it out, just remove immune cold from

      > > > there (leave prot cold). I think without that the game is alittle

      silly,

      > > Heh.  I don't know enough about the mapset yet to get WDSM.  I code more

      > > > than I play.  (Therefore, I need people like you to help me with play

      > > balance.)

      > > The pupland maps got changed recently to make WDSM lots harder to get,

      > > and to add startequip 1 to it, so that if you drop it, it's gone.

      > yeah red_blaze told me he had done it just needed to put it in.. he is

      > sour cause he worked out how to get WDSM and now we all have it =)

      Hehehe! Damn, you got me :-P

      No, honestly: I think everybody running around with the old-style WDSM

      is not what crossfire was designed for.

     mhmmm... crossfire wasn't designed for lag either ;)

      But it´s a fact that I found an insane workaround to get it while

      the quest was still broken and undoable. :-)

      I had probably played too much these days... but man, did I enjoy it...

      The trick was to fetch a chest with a summoning rune and open it

      right on a certain place, to get summoned creatures press an

      unreachable button behind the wall... Crazy huh?

      However, with the new maps things should be quite well balanced I hope.

      Besides I´m at fixing the numerous remaining bugs in pupland

      and I´m trying to make it all neat and fun to play. I do that in

      favour and support from the original pupland-authors, very nice guys

      they are.

     mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

      > I like the drop/done thing... but I can see some problems with it...

      > accidents etc..

      Of course, but I believe that can be avoided. And there is also this

      inventory-lock function... In fact, the startequip thingie is just

      the best way to do it right now, that I can think of.

      I´d say better a few highlevels loosing it than a few newbies getting it.

      > perhaps just a thing like prepare weapon? once you wear

      > the armour it becomes yours hence no one else can wear it? maybe even if

      > you just pick it up?

      That´d be cool. Anyone code it and I´ll put it in for sure. But it must

      happen at picking up, that´s important. Trading shall be prevented.

     yup... mmkay, jots down in little book

      > I did the scorn quests! WHICH I LOOOOVE! I love getting titles.. everyone

      > on voldsboks loves them too... pity about random maps crashing all the

      > time ={.. do you realise this is happening? if not.. go onto voldsboks and

      > see for yourself.

      Yes, my compliments for that quests too! I believe that the randommaps

      are much better than most of these old-style hack´n´slash maps.

      And they are new every day!!! The crashes are a little problem, but I hope

      they´ll be fixed sooner or later.

      about the baby dragons - not behaving "baby"-like:

      > mmm could we do something.. perhaps turn them into a completely different

      > breed of dragon? (hell dragon? emerald dragon (play around with palette))

      Don´t ask me why, but I like the name "Emerald Dragon" for some reason...

     yup, I reckon that is the most appropriate... would anyone mind too much
If I changed them to be green? of course maps like the 4 towers might seem
strange with greenish dragons in the fire part... but people can live with
that =) I love emerald dragon too, gimme da word etc

dnh (AKA ...)

ps, There are still quite a few dragons that haven't been done, ice/frost,
hell, brown (physical dragons), emerald (chemical usually), gold
(friendly). And there aren't any Drakes which are like dragons but dopy.
If people are having problems trying to think of new dragons/enemies give
me a bell.